Filmmaker Ken Burns’ 16-hour Country Music documentary will premiere on PBS on September 15.In anticipation of the film, PBS will air its all-star concert, Country Music: Live at the Ryman, on September 8. Recorded at Nashville’s Ryman […]
Alabama is celebrating their half-century of music on their current 50th Anniversary Tour. The tour kicked off in January with arun of more than 5 0 shows through November, featuring an array of openers, including […]
Nashville Songwriters Hall Of Fame Announce 2019 Nominees Including Brad Paisley, Toby Keith And More
The Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame announced the nominees for its Class of 2019. This year’s nominees include eight songwriters and four songwriter/artists.Songwriter nominees include Shawn Camp, Ed Hill, Marcus Hummon, Archie Jordan, Kostas, Rivers Rutherford, […]
Cody Johnson will be releasing his latest single, “Nothin’ On You” to country radio on July 22. The song, which is the follow-up to Johnson’s “On My Way to You,” is featured on Cody’s 2019 […]
Thomas Rhett has scored his 13th No. 1 single with “Look What God Gave Her,” which is No. 1 on both the Mediabase chart and Billboard Country Airplay chart. Rhett’s new No. 1 single comes […]
VTY Country Facebook
- Trump Criticizes Megan Rapinoe Over Refusal to Visit White House June 27, 2019The American soccer star had used an obscenity to dismiss the idea of a White House visit if her team won the Women’s World Cup.
- U.S. Soccer, Amid an Outcry, Announces a New System for Employee Complaints June 27, 2019The announcement came after a New York Times article reported employees’ concerns that the federation’s headquarters was a “toxic” workplace.
- Yankees Hold Off Complacency, and Blue Jays, to Secure Sweep June 27, 2019The Yankees earned a walk-off victory after coming back twice against Toronto. They next head to London to face the Red Sox.
- Baseball in London? It’s a Real Thing, Even When the Yankees Aren’t Visiting June 27, 2019Britain’s rare baseball devotees hope the visit from the Red Sox and Yankees this weekend will make the sport more than a niche activity in their country.
- Far From World Cup, Hints of Rebellion Inside U.S. Soccer June 27, 2019Current and former employees have been excoriating the federation’s top executives online in an effort to alert leaders to what they called a “toxic” culture.
- Why So Many Horses Have Died at Santa Anita June 26, 2019There were 30 horse deaths in six months. Many blame a culture of chasing profits and a racing surface trainers say was unsafe.
- ESPN Host Bob Ley Retires After Nearly 40 Years With the Network June 26, 2019Ley was described as the conscience of ESPN and pushed for hard news and sober reporting on the leagues.
- For U.S. Men’s Soccer Team, Gold Cup Offers Path Back From the Abyss June 26, 2019Trinidad, which sent the Americans crashing out of the last World Cup, has been vanquished. Now Panama poses the first real challenge for a new-look team.
- Could a Gut Bacteria Supplement Make Us Run Faster? June 26, 2019Running a marathon ramps up levels of a gut bacteria that made mice run faster, but it’s unclear whether it would work in people.
- As the Twins Stay Hot, La Tortuga Earns a Warm Embrace in Minnesota June 26, 2019Willians Astudillo, a.k.a. la Tortuga (or the Turtle), doesn’t look like most major leaguers. And with a rare ability to make contact, he doesn’t hit like them, either.
Contest Club Sign-Up
- South Korea's 'Song-Song' couple seek divorce, stunning fans June 27, 2019Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo starred in a successful TV drama.
- Technical snafu interrupts NBC's first presidential debate June 27, 2019NBC's coverage of the first Democratic debate of the 2020 campaign season was interrupted by a technical snafu
- AP Top Entertainment News at 3:26 a.m. EDT June 27, 2019AP Top Entertainment News at 3:26 a.m. EDT
- ESPN anchor Bob Ley retires after 40 years with network June 27, 2019Bob Ley has announced his retirement after 40 years with ESPN; Ley was the network's longest-tenured anchor
- Photo of Salvadoran refugees shows power of still images June 27, 2019Photographs are an older and seemingly more limited medium than moving images, but a single, silent shot can make news once remote or open-ended feel urgent and personal
- At 50, Watts relishes in a plethora of rich roles June 27, 2019It's often said that actresses have trouble finding meaty roles as they get older, but at age 50, Naomi Watts is flourishing, with two key projects that share a common theme _ strong women determined to have their voices heard
- AP Top Entertainment News at 11:25 p.m. EDT June 27, 2019AP Top Entertainment News at 11:25 p.m. EDT
- Review: 'Yesterday' takes a great idea, adds too much sugar June 27, 2019Film review: 'Yesterday' takes a great premise but reverts to an overly sentimental rom-com formula